Friday, November 5, 2010

People's Choice Award 2010

"Shadow"

Anthony is once again honored to announce that he has won the People's Choice Award in the 2010 Olney Arts Council's Fine Art Show for the second year in a row. He is both humbled and honored that the general public, who could have voted for any of the amazing pieces of artwork from all mediums, chose Anthony's "Shadow" as their favorite. I have said before that I am not a fan of competitions because of how easily one can get wrapped in the desire to win and become critical of others, but in the end you are subject to another's opinion and views. That is not what art should be about. I create prints because I am inspired to do so, and I love it. The fact that so many find my work appealing amazes and humbles me every day. Anthony would like to thank everyone who attended the show in support of the Olney Arts Council, who have created a friendly atmosphere for people to display their work, and the many talented artists on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment